Monday, February 22, 2010

My Japan Project Plan (it rhymes)


My project will cover the inhumane slaughter of whales and dolphins in Taiji, Japan (and other Japanese towns.) The presentation's going to be in power point form and the targeted audience can just be people in my town that I'm trying to get to sign a "Save the Dolphins" petition and spread public awareness. It's going to cover---
1. How they kill the whales and dolphins (this needs to be included because the brutality of the method used is what's causing most of the controversy)
2. Why they do it, so far in my research I've come across:
-traditional/cultural reasons
-economic reasons
-and "pest control"
3. The documentary "The Cove" and disputes it's causing
4. Health issues (high levels of mercury in the meat)
5. I need to do more research but I'm going to make one point of my presentation the Japanese opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment